The vision of the Kenly Missionary Baptist Youth Ministry is to mentor and equip our teens to develop a faith that exists outside the church building and walk with Christ that is dynamic, lived out, and shared beyond our church walls. As with any group, wether it is a sports team, a club at school or even a job, there are certain rules and expectations provided which are there to help make the group stronger. As a youth group, we want to set a positive example for others of what it means to be a member of the body of Christ, so we must also hold ourselves to certain expectations
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
This form is required for your child to participate in trips and any events we do off church property.
The teens of the Kenly Missionary Baptist Youth Ministry seek to SERVE:
-Submit to God (James 4:7-8)
-Examine Your Heart (James 1:19-21)
-Reach Out to Others (Matthew 25:31-40)
-Value Others Above Yourself (Romans 12:10)
-Exemplify Christ (1 John 2:3-6)
Youth Group Guidelines
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
- Show respect for everyone you come in contact with, by your actions and your words. This means that making fun of others and cutting each other down is not acceptable.
- Respect your brothers and sisters in Christ. An example would be, do not talk when someone else is talking.
- Respect the facilities. Do not damage or destroy church property and always clean up after yourself.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Remember that you are an ambassador for Christ and this church, and your actions and words can provide a good or bad example.
It is important that our dress is appropriate. It is our intention to be holy and pleasing to God. Clothing should not be disruptive or bring unnecessary attention to the wearer. The following will not be permitted:
- Bare midriffs, spaghetti straps, tank tops, see through clothing, tube tops, halter tops.
- Visible undergarments. Pants should be worn at waist/hip level.
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, shorts and garments that are not longer than the wearer's fingertips with the arm and hand fully extended. If a garment has a slit, the top of the slit must be lower than the wearer's fingertips with the arms and hand fully extended.
- No clothing with offensive or obscene pictures and/or words.
- Girls- One piece swim suit or colored t-shirt over two piece.
- Boys- T-shirts should be worn at all times other than actually swimming, such as to and from swimming pool.
If you do not wear it to church on Sunday morning or to school than chances are you should not wear it to youth group. Should you dress in an inappropriate manner, you will be asked to change or your parents will be called to bring you different clothing or take you home.
Hang Time 10 One Another's
Greet One Another (Romans 16:16)
Accept One Another (Romans 15:7)
Honor One Another (Romans 15:14)
Forgive One Another (Colassians 3:13)
Encourage One Another (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Bear One Another's Burdens (Galatians 6:2)
Be Devoted to One Another (Romans 12:10)
Teach One Another (Romans 15:14)
Submit to One Another (Ephesians 5:21)
Serve One Another (Galatians 5:13)
Updated October 9
Our Time Slot is on October 22 at 6:30pm.
This trip will be open to all of KMBC, but we have only 50 spots reserved.
If you want to go, please sign up on the sheet located in the Middle & High School Sunday School rooms or in the Youth Trailer.
We will leave KMBC at 4:30pm and eat at Niks Pizza in Kenly before we go.
*NOTE: You do not have to eat at Niks with us. If you do not want to, just meet us at the First Pentecostal Holiness Church in Goldsboro at 6:30pm.
We are super excited to have Mr. Daniel Ritchie as our speaker for our 2017 Fall Retreat.
It is only $75 to be a part of this extravaganza!
We will leave Friday evening and return Sunday afternoon
You will not regret going, believe us!!!
The first deposit due date has passed.
The second deposit is due Sunday, October 22. The balance is $50.
We are requesting items for people to consider donating to be used for our Youth Trailer:
List last updated on October 4
- Board games
- Art supplies
- Nerf football
- Touch football flags
- Team color slip on vests
- Beanbag chairs or something equal to
- Video games
- Water or can drinks
- Snacks (chips, cookies, individually wrapped)
- Painting canvases
- Anything you think will be useful that you don't use anymore. Be Creative!
If you need us to come get it, we can do that! Just let us know!