The vision of the Kenly Missionary Baptist Youth Ministry is to mentor and equip our teens to develop a faith that exists outside the church building and walk with Christ that is dynamic, lived out, and shared beyond our church walls. As with any group, wether it is a sports team, a club at school or even a job, there are certain rules and expectations provided which are there to help make the group stronger. As a youth group, we want to set a positive example for others of what it means to be a member of the body of Christ, so we must also hold ourselves to certain expectations
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
This form is required for your child to participate in trips and any events we do off church property.
The teens of the Kenly Missionary Baptist Youth Ministry seek to SERVE:
-Submit to God (James 4:7-8)
-Examine Your Heart (James 1:19-21)
-Reach Out to Others (Matthew 25:31-40)
-Value Others Above Yourself (Romans 12:10)
-Exemplify Christ (1 John 2:3-6)
Youth Group Guidelines
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
- Show respect for everyone you come in contact with, by your actions and your words. This means that making fun of others and cutting each other down is not acceptable.
- Respect your brothers and sisters in Christ. An example would be, do not talk when someone else is talking.
- Respect the facilities. Do not damage or destroy church property and always clean up after yourself.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Remember that you are an ambassador for Christ and this church, and your actions and words can provide a good or bad example.
It is important that our dress is appropriate. It is our intention to be holy and pleasing to God. Clothing should not be disruptive or bring unnecessary attention to the wearer. The following will not be permitted:
- Bare midriffs, spaghetti straps, tank tops, see through clothing, tube tops, halter tops.
- Visible undergarments. Pants should be worn at waist/hip level.
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, shorts and garments that are not longer than the wearer's fingertips with the arm and hand fully extended. If a garment has a slit, the top of the slit must be lower than the wearer's fingertips with the arms and hand fully extended.
- No clothing with offensive or obscene pictures and/or words.
- Girls- One piece swim suit or colored t-shirt over two piece.
- Boys- T-shirts should be worn at all times other than actually swimming, such as to and from swimming pool.
If you do not wear it to church on Sunday morning or to school than chances are you should not wear it to youth group. Should you dress in an inappropriate manner, you will be asked to change or your parents will be called to bring you different clothing or take you home.
Hang Time 10 One Another's
Greet One Another (Romans 16:16)
Accept One Another (Romans 15:7)
Honor One Another (Romans 15:14)
Forgive One Another (Colassians 3:13)
Encourage One Another (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Bear One Another's Burdens (Galatians 6:2)
Be Devoted to One Another (Romans 12:10)
Teach One Another (Romans 15:14)
Submit to One Another (Ephesians 5:21)
Serve One Another (Galatians 5:13)
Updated December 11
There will be NO Hang Time on December 24 and 31.
Enjoy your time with your family!
Birthday Party for Jesus!
Please be at church by 5:30pm!!!
We are requesting items for people to consider donating to be used for our Youth Trailer:
List last updated on October 4
- Board games
- Art supplies
- Nerf football
- Touch football flags
- Team color slip on vests
- Beanbag chairs or something equal to
- Video games
- Water or can drinks
- Snacks (chips, cookies, individually wrapped)
- Painting canvases
- Anything you think will be useful that you don't use anymore. Be Creative!
If you need us to come get it, we can do that! Just let us know!